Wednesday, April 25, 2012

What does your makeup say about you?

Unfortunately we live in a world where people judge the book by the cover, I do not condone this stereotype, but you can't change the facts. People want to be friends with indivuals that have the same taste and style. Our mind is convincing us, this person has a bedazzled purse, and I have a bedazzled purse, so we like the same clothes, which means we probably like to do the same things. this is completely and utterly false.

In the world of Fashion, everything from the way we cut and style our hair, and the clothes we wear is a form of expression. We dress in a style, to project the type of person you are, or the type of person you want people to think you are.

Personally, my look doesn't project me in the way that I am, I like to think my look is a mixture of different set "styles". With my black eyeliner, dark eye makeup, unpainted lips, colorful nails, casual clothes I can give people a certain image depending on the day, and to be frank my mood. the dark makeup and eyeliner gives off an "emo" vibe, especially in the months I like to wear black nail polish. but do I think of myself as "emo" no, I do not. There is also the unpainted lips, and the fact I do not wear foundation, if you ask the "experts" they say the unpainted lips and face hints towards insecurities, or just not "caring" about my look. which isn't true, I do care about my looks, foundation makes me feel like I'm trying to cover myself up and I don't like the "i'm trying so hard" feeling it gives me, and the lack of lip colour, It's sticky and feels wierd when I eat breakfast. The bright colorful nail color sends of the picture that I'm young, and immature. Which I think we all have those moments, but picking the same nail colors as a kindergardner (which I do) does send off the wrong image (to guys), I know you ladies understand when I say the bright colors are fun, and make me feel like summer has arrived!

I'm comfortable with who I am, and what my style is. But, sometimes it does bug me when people get the wrong impression. So I've listed several makeup trends, and what it tells people about you!

Red Lips Women who paint their lips that bold shade of red, send off the image of extremely confident, super sexy and in control woman. According to studies, women who wear red lipstick have better careers. On an internet survey, over 3,000 women buy red lipstick because it gives them a sense of control and confidence, and make them feel more successful.

Mirabellia Lip Colour--Ruthless--Rich, high-pigment fashion shades go on smoothly and stay put with no bleeding. Available in 18 shades. Lead-free; Paraben-free.

Pink Lips Women who choose pink lip colour, especially light pink, send off the sweet, innocent, romantic image. It also indicates happiness, and a fantastic love life. Hence, we see alot of this color on wedding days!

Mirabellia Lip Colour--Vineyard--Rich, high-pigment fashion shades go on smoothly and stay put with no bleeding. Available in 18 shades. Lead-free; Paraben-free.

Bright Eye Shadow Women who rock those bright shades, give people the impression of having a flamboyant personality. People naturally think, the more severe the shade, the more bold the person.

GloEye Shadow--Ocean--These rich glominerals hues and timeless color favorites deliver crease-free coverage in a base loaded with antioxidants, perfect to highlight and contour any eye shape.

Smoky Eyes The smoky eye is the most classic, popular eye makeup look. Sooty eyes exude a sense of mystery and tons of sexiness. The eyes become the unmistakable focal point of the face, but in a very sultry, come-hither sort of way.

GloMetallic Smoky Eye Kit--Smoky eyes are always on trend and now a simple look to create. The gloMetallic smoky eye kit includes four essential colors for creating a sultry, metallic smoky eye in a sleek, mirrored compact and an easy five step application guide. Can be applied dry or wet to increase pigment; great if using as an eye liner.

Barely there Makeup Women who have a less-is-more attitude towards makeup are essentially self-confident and very comfortable in their own skin.You may be a makeup minimalist, but you're religious when it comes to skincare-- your glowing complexion speaks for itself!

Energizing Pomegranate Cleanser--Wake up call on the double! Dual-action foam cleanses and tones. Contains Murad's powerful Energizing Pomegranate Complex™, a vitalizing blend of artemia to help stimulate healthy cell function and pomegranate antioxidants to help defend skin.

Manicured Nails Perfectly manicured nails -- especially if yours are long and lacquered with colorful varnish -- are synonymous with a pretty leisurely life, as to keep up a look like this you can't use your hands much. Dark polishes are more high-maintenance than lighter shades since any chips will be more obvious.

XOXO
BeautyLuver

No comments:

Post a Comment