1. Skip the Foundation? if you’re struggling with acne, your first instinct is to either cover it up or skip foundation all together. but you don't have to, use a mineral light weight foundation that gives you the coverage you desire, and still allows your skin to breathe.
A great mineral makeup line to try is the Mirabella Basic 4 Mineral Kit. Get Started with Mirabella mineral powder, with it's new top ranking formula. Each kit includes the Pure Press, Pure Sun and Pure Finish Mineral Powders designed to create a flawless complexion with a full size Kabuki Brush.
2. Pat Concealer, Don't Rub it in, when applying concealer, put a bit on the pad of your middle finger and pat it in. Never rub. Got acne? Pat the concealer on top of it.
3. Choose one feature, not Two don’t play up your eyes and lips with bold color. Choose one or the other. Or you’ll be having those colors clash against each other instead of stand out…or at least stand out in a good way.
4. Always Remove Makeup, removing your makeup is always important, and it is never a good thing when you go to bad with last nights makeup still on your face. avoid clogged pores, and skin blemishes and invest in a good makeup remover.
A makeup remover I would recommend is the Simply Remove by Mirabella. Anti-aging, skin smoothing makeup remover formula contains antioxidants and natural ingredients that do more than remove makeup--they assist in skin repair.
5. Layers and Layers of fun Want a hairstyle that’s never out of fashion that looks good on anyone; you can never go wrong with layers. It makes thin hair appear thicker, curly hair appear manageable and wavy hair appear just-got-back-from-the-beach chic!
6. Got the Acne Blues? If your acne is still there, no matter what you do the best thing is get a good facial cleanser made to help eliminate acne.
Use the Clearing Skin Wash by Dermalogica to help clear you skin. This is a naturally0foaming cleanser that is a perfect start to around-the-clock control of breakouts, comedones and excess surface oils.
7. Test before you buy some things might look good on the shelf, but when it comes to lipstick or foundation test before you try on you don’t want to make a mistake when it comes to color and your skin tone.
8. Sunscreen? Yes! There is never a time to skip the sunscreen. The first beauty product you should apply every day is sunscreen, even if it's cloudy or rainy outside. Why? Good habits start young and if you use sunscreen now, you'll have gorgeous skin when you're 50.
Help protect your skin, with the Tropical Vanilla Sun Cream by Eminence. Natural SPF protection for all skins with broad spectrum UVA/UVB/UVC protection. Treat your skin with the protection of zinc in this tropical UVA, UVB and UVC blocker specially designed for your face. Hydrating and revitalizing shea butter combines with the fragrant aroma of soothing vanilla to care for your skin with the defenses of natural SPF.
9. Line your eyes just right If your goal is to make your eyes appear bigger, not line the inside of your eyes, it will make them appear smaller. Just stick to lining along lash line.
Not sure what eyeliner is right for you? there are many choices: gel, liquid, powder...but it always comes down to, easy application and long-lasting coverage that narrows down our choices. A great one to try is the Incredible Wear Gel Liner by Youngblood. Draw those lines bold or fine! Our intensely colored, long-wearing formula glides on smoothly like a liquid liner with the precision of an eye pencil. Non-irritating, very water-resistant and budge-proof.
10. Play up your best feature What feature do people comment on most? Play it up. If you're told you have Angelina Jolie lips, make sure to wear gloss and play with bold lipstick colors. If it's your eye color people love, find Eyeshadow colors that complement them and make sure to wear mascara.